February 16, 2018
The 3rd annual national DPH Chronic Disease Prevention – Health System Symposium (HSS) on June 5-6, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia, will feature a series of hands-on, skill-building workshops, sessions, and networking opportunities on health system transformation and performance improvement topics. With this year’s theme, “Redefining Challenges and Creating Opportunities”, HSS will bring together individuals from health department leaders, professionals, and experts from national and federal levels as well as local, state, and regional levels. Registration will open in March 2018. Consider submitting an abstract to feature your work at HSS; there are several different formats from which to choose.
HSS 2018 welcomes abstract submissions for presentation sessions now through February 16. For more information about abstract deadlines, presentation formats, presenter funding available, selection criteria, and to submit an abstract, please review the attached document or information here carefully.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- January 4: Call for Abstracts launches
- February 16: Deadline to submit abstracts
- February: Abstract submission selection status notices will be sent
- March: Registration launches
- May 1: Deadline to register for HSS
- June 5-6: HSS in Atlanta, Georgia
HSS has been recognized year after year for offering hands-on practical training with specific tips, real-world scenarios and application exercises. This success is largely based on the skilled facilitators who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise. Abstract submissions should be geared towards building practical skills, increasing specific knowledge, and sharing effective resources. We highly value abstracts that:
- Offer a hands-on component to practice skills
- Provide activities that enable small group discussion and peer learning
- Recognize participant’s experience on the topic
- Allow enough time for questions, sharing of challenges, and ideas
Abstract Submission Instructions:
- Complete one submission per abstract.
- Multiple abstracts may be submitted by one facilitator/presenter
- Multiple workshop facilitators/presenters may be included in one abstract submission
- To assist in your abstract submission when planning and writing, you may download the MS Word document here to write and plan for your responses, however, only abstracts submitted electronically will be reviewed
- To be fair, only abstracts submitted by the deadline will be reviewed