2 days ago
Did you know?
- 30.3 million US adults have diabetes, and 1 in 4 of them don’t know they have it.
- Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States.
- Diabetes is the No. 1 cause of kidney failure, lower-limb amputations, and adult blindness.
- In the last 20 years, the number of adults diagnosed with diabetes has more than doubled
- Gestational diabetes usually shows up in the middle of pregnancy and most often tested for between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy.
In the United States, 84.1 million adults—more than 1 in 3—have prediabetes. What’s more, 90% of them don’t know they have it. Prediabetes raises your risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. The good news is if you have prediabetes, a CDC-recognized lifestyle change program can help you take healthy steps to reverse it. View these tips, signs, and symptoms at www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/symptoms.html #worldDiabetesDay #diabetesAwareness #GOGS2019 ...
Georgia OBGyn Society shared a post.
4 days ago
Join Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies this Saturday, November 16th, for this free, family-friendly event to educate and train the community on addressing infant health and infant mortality. Visit hmhbga.org/events/bihs for more information and to RSVP to the event!Our Black Infant Health Summit is on November 16! This free, family-friendly event will educate and train the community on addressing infant health, with a specific focus on reducing prematurity/low birth weight and infant mortality. Visit hmhbga.org/events/bihs for more information and to RSVP to the event! ...
1 week ago
GOGS CPT Coding Seminar registration now open! Make your hotel reservations today! Room block ends November 18 or until full - mailchi.mp/3e168bb93a42/register-for-gogs-cpt-coding-seminar-1580669 ...