General STD Information and Resources:
- ACOG’s STD Resource Guide
- CDC sexually transmitted diseases website
- Georgia Department of Public Health sexually transmitted diseases website
- GDPH STD Fact Sheet
- GDPH STD_Morbidity Reports
- NCHHSTP Atlas: County-level Data–Interactive maps and localized, county-level epidemiologic data for HIV and other STDs, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, primary and secondary syphilis, and early latent syphilis.
ACOG (These resources on Chlamydia are available on the member side of ACOG’s website):
- Guidelines for Adolescent HealthCare, which contains a chapter on STIs in adolescents
- Committee Opinion, Expedited Partner Therapy in the Management of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia by Obstetrician–Gynecologists (September, 2011)
- Developments in STD Screening: Chlamydia Testing (PDF)
- Why Screen for Chlamydia? An Implementation Guide for Healthcare Providers (PDF)
Partnership for Prevention: Website provides information and links about Chlamydia
CDC Facts and statistical information on Chlamydia, as well as brochures and information sheets that can be ordered or printed.
Georgia Department of Public Health’s STD section has information, including publications, on Chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases.
GYT (Get Yourself Tested), operated by MTV with scientific leadership from the CDC. Information targeted to appeal to young adults.
Trends in antimicrobial resistant-gonorrhoeae in the USA: the Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP), January 2006–June 2012
Genital Herpes Self Study Module – A CDC Web-based training course designed to guide clinicians in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of genital herpes. Continuing education credits available.
Ready to Use Genital Herpes Curriculum for Clinical Educators – A CDC Comprehensive curricular materials that can be downloaded by clinical educators for classroom use. Each module contains a slide presentation, an instructor’s guide, a case study, and test questions.
HPV is the most prevalent STD in the US. Learn more about vaccinating patients against this disease.
Resources from ACOG
Resources from CDC
- Perinatal Transmission of Viral Hepatitis–Risk of transmission of virus from mother to baby.
- CDC Fact Sheet: Hepatitis C: Testing Baby Boomers Saves Lives
- Health Care Settings and Viral Hepatitis–CDC information for treating HBV and HBV in the clinical setting.
- Know Hepatitis B Campaign-CDC’s campaign to promote Hep B testing among Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs).
- MMWR -Integrated Prevention Services for HIV Infection, Viral Hepatitis, STDs, and TB for Persons Who Use Drugs Illicitly: Summary Guidance from CDC and the U.S. DHHS
This report summarizes the latest guidelines and recommendations published by multiple agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) for the prevention and control of HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB, as well as for substance use and mental disorders for persons who use drugs illicitly.
- Medscape– CDC Recommendations: One-Time HCV Testing and Linkage to Care for Persons Born 1945-1965 by Dr. John W. Ward, Director, Division of Viral Hepatitis, CDC.
This activity is intended for clinicians who care for patients at risk for or who have chronic HCV infection. The goal of this activity is to raise awareness among clinicians of the burden of chronic HCV disease occurring today and in the future as a result of failure to screen patients for and diagnose HCV infection. CME/CE credits available. If you do not already have a Medscape account, you will need to sign up by providing your name, email address and profession.
- Hepatitis C Therapy: Welcome to the Era of Direct-acting Antivirals (CEU Credit Available)–A video training session with a follow-up questionnaire. After the questionnaire, you will receive a printable certificate of completion and access to forms for CEU credit.
- Hepatitis C Screening: An Urgent Priority (CEU Credit Available)–A video training session with a follow-up questionnaire. After the questionnaire, you will receive a printable certificate of completion and access to forms for CEU credit.